The Feed Mill Process Technician is responsible for assisting the Feed Mill Operator with the daily operation of the feed mill. The Technician will also be responsible for keeping the feed mill warehouse clean and orderly as well as performing light maintenance.
New Horizon Farms offers health insurance, life insurance options, HSA, 401K, Vacation and Sick time and paid holidays/birthday to new full-time employees on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
Other Requirements and Responsibilities
- Receive bulk and bag ingredient shipments
- Inspect incoming material to verify the quality and quantity of product matches what is stated on the receiving documents
- Ensure the warehouse is kept neat and orderly and rotate inventory as needed
- Fill micro-table bins
- Routinely monitor the grinding and mixing process
- Load bulk delivery trucks
- Follow all biosecurity rules and standard operating procedures set in place
- Keep the feed mill clean and orderly including regular sweeping and other housekeeping
- Perform light maintenance as needed, report larger maintenance issues to Feed Mill Operator
- Other duties as requested by the Feed Mill Operator or management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate forklift and skid loader
- Ability to lift 60 lbs., climb ladders and operate a pallet jack with 2,000 lbs of material
Work Schedule: Full time, 40+ hours per week. Hours vary between 5:00 AM and 8:00 PM Monday through Friday.